I'm A Team Official

Welcome! If you're a Coach or Team Official with CWSA, here are some key items you may need help with:

- Coach/Team Official Eligibility

CPIC: All Coaches/Team Officials in Open Divisions (1 through 5, Major, and Premier) as well as Provincial contending O30 divisions (Major and Premier) are required by CWSA to share a Police Information Check (CPIC).  CPICs are valid for 3 years, and are available at a reduced cost of $15 when requested using a volunteer letter, as provided by CWSA.  See the league's CPIC Policy for further details. To request a volunteer letter, please contact office@mycwsa.ca with your legal name(s) and your team affiliations.

Photo ID: All Coaches/Team Officials who wish to sit on the team bench require a CWSA-issued photo ID card. New cards MAY ONLY be created when a Team Official visits the CWSA Office in SE Calgary (see Contact Us page for address, directions, and office hours). Cards cost $10 and will be prepared any time during office hours; no appointment is necessary, and the process takes just 5 minutes.  ID cards must be presented to the referee at EVERY game, no exceptions.

- Recruiting New Players

CWSA facilitates connecting new players to teams by posting courtesty notices on our Player Network page.  Please visit the Player Network page for examples, and email office@mycwsa.ca to submit your information for posting.  Once new players have been recruited, you should add these individuals to your Team Connect roster by sending them an email invite to join.  Please refer new members to the "I'm New to the League" page for further instructions on completing their registration and acquiring a Player ID card.


- Releasing / Transferring A Player

A player being released for ANY reason requires the completion of a Player Transfer Form (found on the Forms Library page).  During the season, players may ONLY be removed or transferred by the CWSA Office, after signed consent forms have been received.  Player/Coach consent may be provided by email if original signatures are not available.

- Calling Up Players

At the start of every season, each team is provided with a contact list for the purpose of acquiring call-up players.  If your team requires another copy of this list, please contact office@mycwsa.ca

Use the seasonal call-up chart (can be found in "Announcements" sidebar) to ensure any call-ups are from legal divisions.  Minor players may also be used as call-ups, but are subject to the use of a Restricted Movement Form (found on the Forms Library page). Please see CWSA Rules & Regulations for more specific information regarding call-ups.

- Team Administration

Teams may change ownership and/or may change their name as desired, subject to the use of appropriate forms (found on the Forms Library page).


If you have any questions about managing your team, please contact office@mycwsa.ca or by phone at 403-720-6692. 


Tell your Team Manager to turn
RAMP Team on!


Do you want to reach thousands of users across hundreds of Minor Sports Association websites? Advertising with RAMP has never been easier! Get in touch with us now to discuss your needs.