Date: October 11 - 14, 2022 (Tuesday-Friday)
Registration Deadline: Thursday September 8, 2022
Entry Fee: $475
Divisions: Division 1 or lower
Location: Calgary Soccer Centre
# of games: 4 games (50 minute games)
Entry Fee: $425
Divisions: All divisions
Location: Macron Performance Centre (Foothills Facility)
# of games: 4 games (50 minute games)
Limited to the first 40 teams to register
- Log into your member account and select ‘Team Registration’ from the main menu
- Choose Season: Tournaments
- Division: Kickstart
Submit your Kickstart 2022 photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org or via direct message on instagram and facebook.
CWSA staff and board will also be gathering game footage and photos throughout the tournament
Check out photos and videos from Kickstart 2021 on our photos page and in our Kickstart '21 highlight on instagram @calgarywomenssoccer
Kickstart 2022 Alignment
Games will be played in the evening between 6pm-11pm
IF NOT SPECIFICALLY NOTED TO THE CONTRARY, CWSA/ASA/FIFA RULES SHALL APPLY
- Teams will be placed together with other teams who have indicated the same or similar level of play. CWSA reserves the right to move teams to a different tier subject to the team’s roster and division availability.
- A CWSA ID Card (or government issued photo ID) is required for all players and team officials and must be presented to the referee prior to each game.
- All teams must register at least one (1) team official.
- Any player or team official currently serving a suspension is ineligible to participate in the tournament.
- All players must be at least 16 years old at the time of the first game of the tournament.
- For the Over 30 division(s), all players must be 30 years of age or older at the time of the first game of the tournament.
- For the Over 40 division(s), all players must be 40 years of age or older at the time of the first game of the tournament.
- Each team is required to have a minimum of four (4 for boarded, 5 for 7v7) players on the field at all times. If a team falls below the minimum, the game shall be abandoned, and this team shall forfeit the game.
- The CWSA reserves the right to change the game schedule. All changes will be clearly posted to the CWSA website and emailed to the team officials listed on the roster.
- The Home team will supply two (2) game balls.
- If team colours clash, the Home team will change to alternate/bibs. Referee shall determine colour clash.
- Players may register/play for ONE team in each program the tournament. example: a player could register to one team in 7v7 and one team in boarded, but not 2 teams in boarded.
- CWSA will NOT accommodate scheduling requests for teams/players registered in both.
- Rosters will be the players registered to the team for the Indoor 2022-2023 season. Separate team rosters do not need to be submitted.
- Players can be released or transferred after the tournament at no cost and do not need to submit a transfer form.
- The deadline to remove or move players after the tournament will be October 19th. Regular transfer process and fees will apply after Oct 19.
- Rosters are not to exceed 25 players.
- A maximum of 20 players may be dressed by each team per game.
- All players must appear on the team's roster. NO GUEST players are permitted for the tournament.
- All players must be registered with the CWSA for the Indoor 2022-23 season in order to participate.
- There is no deadline to register players to your roster, but you cannot exceed 25 players for the duration of the tournament and players cannot be released during the tournament.
If you have players who play on a different team during the regular season:
- If they have ALREADY REGISTERED to their other team, please send us an email to request they be moved to your team for the tournament (we will move them back after the tournament is over) - If you have multiple players who need to be moved, please send us ONE LIST - BY THURSDAY, OCT 11, at 10AM (Include: first name, last name, their regular season team name, your tournament team name)
- If they have NOT YET REGISTERED to their regular season team, please send them an invite to register to your own team. After the tournament is over, you can send us a list of players that need to be moved back to their team. There is no fee or paperwork needed to move players if your request is made by Oct 19.
How to check your roster to see who is registered (2 ways):
- Go to www.mycwsa.ca --> Click on Kickstart 2022 (where the schedules are posted) --> Select your Pool --> Select your team --> below your team name, click on ‘Roster’ to view your current player roster (these rosters update automatically once per hour)
- If you are registered as a Team Official to your team, or if you were the person that registered the team for the season you can view your roster through your RAMP login. Find out how here (Step 5).
- Teams will print their own game sheets online.
- Please print your game sheets using the RAMP software.
- Login details to print game sheets (exclusively for the tournament) will be sent to directly to team officials.
- You will need to print ONE copy of your game sheet per game.
Games (Duration, Results, Points System)
- Games shall be 50 minutes (2 x 25 minute halves).
- For Consolation and Championship Finals - If the game is tied at the end of regulation time the determination of the final score will be conducted through penalty kicks as per FIFA Rules.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
- Win = 3 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Shutout = 1 point
- Forfeiture = 5-0 win = 4 points
- Standings will be determined by total points at the completion of the round robin.
- The following criteria will be used to determine the final standings if two (2) or more teams have an equal number of points at the end of the round robin.
- Results against each other (points first then goal difference),
- Greater goal difference over all,
- Most goals for,
- Penalty kicks as per FIFA Rules
- coin toss.
- 7v7 only: There will be no penalty kicks taken to break a tie
- A Discipline Committee will be established for the Tournament if a hearing is requested. A coach or manager may request a hearing within one hour of the completion of the game. Discipline for red and yellow cards may be passed along by the to the appropriate leagues by the Discipline Committee.
- For any red cards in any tournament games, please refer to the CWSA Discipline Code. All suspensions received during tournament play will carry over into CWSA regular league games.
- No protest shall be allowed concerning the referee and their decision.
- Protests must be made in writing by the registered coach/manager accompanied by a $50 fee and delivered to a Tournament Coordinator within one hour of completion of the game in question. A decision will be delivered within one hour of receipt of the protest.
- For any errors or omissions, please refer to the current CWSA Rules/Regulations or contact the CWSA Office/Tournament Coordinators.
- There will be NO refund for teams that pull out after the registration deadline.