Referee Training is coordinated through Alberta Soccer with courses hosted throughout the province every spring and fall.
Courses are offered prior to the beginning of the Outdoor and Indoor seasons (March-April and September-October).
GET NOTIFIED OF UPCOMING COURSES!
If you would like to be put on the notification list for future Entry Level courses, please sign up for the Entry Level Referee Course Notification List. By completing this form, we will notify you when the courses are available for you to register.
UPCOMING ENTRY LEVEL COURSES
tbd - Spring 2024
|Location ||Details || |
| || || || || |
For details on additional information on the Referee Pathways, please visit the Referee page on the Alberta Soccer website.
Search for an Entry Level Course
- Go to www.refcentre.com/alberta
- Enter in the start dates of the course in 'search by date' calendar. Enter the calendar start date as today's date, rather than the practical session dates, in order to bring up all the current available courses. (Please note: if you were a mini referee, you will have to set up a new Ref Centre account using a different email address rather than being able to continue with your mini ref account.)
- Click the ‘register’ link for the course you wish to attend and follow the registration process.
- Sign the online waiver.
- Pay the registration fee online.
- Once you have completed those steps you will be able to access and begin the online modules right away. Ref Centre will track your progress as you work through the stages of the course and will prompt you about what you have to do when it comes to webinar/exam, etc.
Entry Level Referee Course
- Adults of any age are welcome and encouraged to sign up to become new referees.
- Youth participants must be a minimum of 14 years old to take the entry level referee course.
An introductory course for those who would like to referee U10+ or act as a assistant referee (linesman) at any level.
The cost per student for the course will be determined by the Alberta Soccer Association.
The course is made up of a combination of online self-directed modules, an instructor-led in class session, an in person exam and an on-field practical session.
The course covers:
- Referee and Assistant Referee duties and responsibilities.
- The FIFA Laws of the Game (11v11 Soccer)
- On field practical training
Students are supplied with:
- FIFA Law Book
- Referee badge and whistle
- Yellow and red cards, referee wallet
After successfully completing the course, referees are classified as follows:
- Youth Referee (14-15 years old)
- District Referee (16 Years and older)
The course fee includes the first year's registration fee for the referees.
Email email@example.com with any questions about entry level referee courses in Calgary.