Outdoor 2022 Modified Rules - 8v8
8v8 Game Locations
8v8 Modified Rules
8v8 Modified Rules for CWSA 8v8 rules will follow the current IFAB Laws of the Game, except where as follows:
- Games will be played 8v8 (8 players on the field for each team, including the goalkeeper).
- A minimum of 5 players are required per team to start and maintain a game.
- Each game will consist of two (2) 30-minute halves with a maximum 3 minute half-time break.
- A maximum of 20 players can be listed on the game sheet. Only those listed on the game sheet may be on the team bench.
- 8v8 is to be played on the black lined fields at the Calgary Soccer Centre or the U12/13 fields at the Genesis Centre Artificial Turf.
- If play is not able to commence within the 10 minutes of the designated game start time due to one or both teams not being prepared to play (insufficient players, incomplete game sheet, lack of player cards, & being prepared to present players cards to official) the game shall be cancelled and the team(s) responsible noted on the game sheet.
- Unlimited number of substitutions at one time. Substitutes should be ready at the halfway line and are only permitted to enter the game during a stoppage in play.
- There is no stop time.
- There are NO OFFSIDES.
- There are no restrictions on goalkeeper distribution.
- Red carded players should be instructed to leave the playing area and are NOT to be replaced by another player - the team plays a player short for the remainder of the game.
- Free Kicks: Opposing players must be 6 yards from the ball, prior to the kick being taken.