Facebook: @MyCWSA | Instagram: @CalgaryWomensSoccer | Twitter: @MyCWSA | TikTok: @MyCWSA
Play Begins:League Dates:
- May 1 - 11v11 Divisions
- May 5 - 8v8 Divisions
League Play Ends:
- AMSL/Premier: First week of August
- Divisions 1-3: August 28
- Div 4-5 & Over 40: September 30
- 8v8: September 30
Final Schedule of Fees (Draft Schedule of Fees)
- Payment Dates:
- Mar 6: Team Deposits Due
- Apr 26 - First Installment Due
- May 17 - Final Installment Due
Final Alignment (Draft Alignment)
- CWSA is returning to a promotion/relegation format. Teams will be promoted/relegated at the end of the 2021-2022 season based on the final standings.
- Teams will indicate in their registration which Division/Level they are best suited to play in. The 11v11 league is based on a promotion/relegation system. Existing CWSA teams may be placed in a division based on the final standings of the Outdoor 2019 season. New teams joining the CWSA may begin in the lowest division However, should there be a vacancy, the CWSA at its discretion may place teams upon that team's request, in a higher division.
- CWSA reserves the right to move teams subject to division availability, historical team performance, the team's roster, and the Outdoor 2019 final standings.
Call up charts will be posted to the Call-up charts page prior to the start of the season
- Players will not be permitted to play up across leagues. (ex: a player only registered in 11v11 cannot be a guest player for an 8v8 team)
- players are permitted to register in both leagues (one team per league)
- The maximum roster size per team is 25 players (applies to 11v11 and 8v8)
- A maximum of 20 players can dress for a game (applies to both 11v11 and 8v8)
- All players and Team Officials need to have a CWSA ID Card in order to participate in games. The card must be presented to the referee at each game. No Card=No Play, NO EXCEPTIONS
- The player transfer deadline for the Outdoor 2022 season is July 28.
Can players/teams register in multiple programs?
- Yes, players can register and play in the 11v11 and 8v8 programs
- Players will be able to register for one team per program. (ex ONE team in 8v8 and ONE team in 11v11)
Will we have a referee for our games?
Will we have assistant referees (ARs) for our games?
- 11v11: YES, all divisions (except O40) will have assigned assistant referees (ARs). Over 40 teams will have the option during team registration to select having an assigned AR for their games.
- 8v8: NO, 8v8 games will not have assigned assistant referees.
Is there a fee to register as an individual player and/or team official?
- NO, the player membership fee has been re-inserted into team fees.
Are Provincials happening this year?
- Yes, Alberta Soccer is planning to host Provincials.
Will this season count toward promotion/relegation for future seasons?
- Yes, the results of this season will determine the alignment of future Outdoor seasons.
League Rules, Discipline & Policies
8v8 Modified Rules
Please refer to the following league documents:
- CWSA Rules & Regulations
- CWSA Discipline Code
- CWSA Policy Manual
these documents can be found on the Governance page of the CWSA website
please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with any questions about the upcoming season.
Player Network --> https://mycwsa.ca/content/welcome-to-the-player-network